Thursday, April 3, 2008

Renting Videos is Cheaper Than Paying Your Taxes

Chances are you may owe Uncle Sam more than the $2.50 rental price of movies at citizen video. And now is as good a time to rent as ever with There Will Be Blood coming out on April 8th.

What better way to celebrate the tax season than by watching character Daniel Plainview make his money the good-old, cut-throat American way... with blood, more blood and guts (in the form of oil and religion). Given his independent streak, I bet we can guess what Plainview would think about sharing his hard earned money with the government.

1 comment:

Mr. Kevin said...

Is it me or are movies coming out on DVD faster and faster. I waited years to see this film after searching out tidbits (non-spoiler of course) on it for what, 4 years? Then it finally came out, I saw it in the theatre twice and all of a sudden it's in the mail. I think the movie industry is getting closer to my dad's suggestion -- have the DVD ready for you as you walk out of the theatre so if you really dug it you can get it right away. It's still weird though, I think as a kid I waited like a year and a half for Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade to come out on VHS.
(sorry this really didn't have anything to do with your post!)